Thursday, June 25, 2015

Take care of you!

Take care of you!

As a mom, we all know this isn't always possible. We have kids to take to soccer and swimming, meals to prep and laundry to fold. The "to-do" list most days is impossibly long. Let me tell you my recent lesson.

I had a scare from the OBGYN this week. The dreaded abnormal pap...... With my family history of my mom having passed from Ovarian cancer these appointments are done with due diligence every year. This was the first abnormal for me, but along with this my doctor and I discussed my border line high blood pressure, and my inability to lose the last of my weight gained from having Harper.  I walked away from this appointment feeling disappointed in myself.

Those of you that know me, know I work hard and don't sit still. I love working out and I eat a balanced diet of protein, veggies, and fresh fruit. Apparently, its not enough. Who knew that hitting 35 and a second pregnancy would make such drastic changes. I didn't, but my doctor confirmed it and as much as I felt alone she reassured me that she too was going through the same. It was meant to make me feel better, and it didn't. 

After a week of awaiting my lab results, my cancer blood test was negative, as was all other tests , my cells just looked abnormal. This could be from a number of things, some they tested for (all negative) and some they just have to wait out. Great news?!  I don't know, but I am grateful and humbled by these results! I will go again next year for a repeat appointment and hopefully everything will look okay.

My point is, besides voicing my frustration,is that I am blessed with good health, and strong muscles that allow me to do the things I enjoy, every. single. day.  I am trying to repeat this mantra as necessary while at the same time I beat myself up for not doing better, not being better about my health. I don't know at this point where my path will take me but I will continue to pray about some direction and maybe you can do the same for me? I need all the help I can get.

Take care of you first so that you can be there for those that depend on you!




~Heather

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful and strong both inside and out. Never forgot that.

    ReplyDelete